Saturday 13 October 2012

Welcome to "How to shape my personal future"

Hi everybody,
welcome to my brand new blog "How to shape my personal future".
Throughout my relatively young life (or at least I would like to think so) I have come across many different people, cultures and societies, which all have in one way or the other shaped my life, the way I make decisions and therefore my future. I feel these experiences have opened up a vast array of different views, options and approaches to life and to my own future, that I would not have had if I just stayed in one place with the same people.


At the same time I met so many people in my age, who are overwhelmed with the decisions they face and with the opportunities they are given (which in turn increases further the pressure of having to make decision - sometimes it's easier to just have one option;) ). Intuitively, this development of a faster moving, more globalised world with more options for (almost) everybody in the world seems to be a very positive thing, but at the same time, young people are not appropriately trained and prepared for this challenge. Our generation's parents did not have to face these challenges and we can't blame them for not being 'up-to-date' with all the possibilities available to us today - let alone understanding all this globalised, modern jargon. I don't want to generalise too much of course, there are certainly also many parents that are very versatile in technology, open about global differences in culture, society and people, and understand what Bachelor/Master, tablet, recruiting etc. mean.

Growing up in this unique era and given the above-mentioned extraordinary experiences I have come to realise that life is about attitude towards it, it's about shaping your own life, taking things into your own hands, being open for something 'new'/'unknown', and most importantly it's about enjoying it, about appreciating what one has!

In this blog I will talk about my own experience of making decisions that shaped my life and my future, about people I met along the way who have influenced me and taught me about life and about the lessons that I learned and believe can be an inspiration to anybody interested.

Thanks for reading my blog and any comments are very much appreciated.
Much love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment